Sunday, May 17, 2009
This is a belated post because it is next to impossible to post from most of the places I go in Africa. This means if I do want to add any comments to the site I usually have to wait until I get home, which is what I did this time.
Just to let you know I’m well, been really moving on this trip. We have our own pilot – 27 year old Taki. He owns the company and the plane. He flies us everywhere. He is an enterprising Tanzanian of Indian descent. He’s so down to earth and interesting to talk to. It has really made a difference. He really is treating us like royalty. The manager and marketing director of the camps are also flying with us. There are ten of us in all.
We are relaxing here now, after a long and trying and difficult walk to see the chimps. I don’t think I’ll do it again, but it was exciting.
So that’s it for now, off to Gombe, also in Tanzania, and also a national park.
Related Sites [Computer Generated]
- Tanzania: Weather changes turn farming into gamble with nature | Water Conserve
- Cool Video from Tanzania | Teen Travel Blog
- Georgia Sentinel » Blog Archive » Jane Goodall to speak at Young Harris College
- Mahale | The Mountains National Park, Safari Activities & Travel Tips | African Safari Tour Travel Guide
- One Scientist: Jane Goodall | Environment | Change.org